Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Races, Tarns, Reivers, and a Peacock

While in the UK, we participated in the Race for Life, along with the rest of the population of Carlisle.  We didn't so much race as leisurely stroll for life.  Turns out you can get your face in the paper if you are the last group to set off on the race.


With my gorgeous niece, Josie :)

My mum and me

Our leisurely stroll for life took us through the Victoria gardens at Bitts Park.  
I wanted to stop for a picnic and laze under a Weeping Willow with a book.




We took a couple of trips to Talkin Tarn.  






Talkin Tarn Hotel, in its dilapidated state.  Very sad and a little creepy.

We visited Tullie House Museum in Carlisle, after a wander around the town and a yummy lunch break.



 
Mary learned how to build a Roman wall and how to dress the part.


Mary's take from her visit to Tullie House is that the Reivers were horrid people. 
(Hence the term bereavement, by the way)



Mary and Hattie checked out the new Urban Adventures in Bitts Park.





Cute!
The girls aren't bad either.

The girls and I took a trip to Walby Farm.



Mary went fishing with uncle Mike.



We visited Carlisle Castle.




The OCD test.  Bothered much?

I took a few walks around the village with Jess, the blind dog.  Walking a blind dog is a long and arduous task as the dog wants to sniff everything and you feel bad for the blind dog so you let her sniff everything because that's really all she has.










The new Spotty.


Strawberry picking.  The jam didn't turn out so well.

Mary and I spent an afternoon figuring out how to make fun domino runs with semi elaborate turns.



We visited family at my aunty Julie's barn and I took pictures of yummy food to remind myself to make it back home.  


Jenson and Mary

Mary got her ears pierced!


I am never sure what additional family members will await us when we visit home, in the form of household pets.  This year, my mum has acquired a pet peacock.  His name is Pete.  




T minus 4.5 hours!




No comments: