Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Seaside Circus, Safari Zoo and Kite Festival


Oddly enough, we made two trips to Blackpool on this visit.  Once, to Blackpool Pleasure Beach with my mum's youth group, and once for a day trip to the seaside and circus.






We recently asked Mary where she would choose if she could take a trip to anywhere in the whole wide world.  She chose Blackpool Pleasure Beach.  We compromised and booked a trip to Los Angeles instead.

I wanted to ride a donkey at the seaside, but we couldn't find any.  
Lucky for the donkeys as I am five months pregnant at this point.




Blackpool Tower in the distance


Inside the tower, the circus is still going strong.  I remember being awed by this circus as a child.  At the end of the show, the floor of the circus ring lowers and fills up with water, becoming a big pool.  I still think this is really cool!




  
South Lakes Animal Park has been renamed South Lakes Safari Zoo, in the short time since we visited.  Granted, Safari Zoo does sound far more exciting and intriguing than an animal park.  


We took a short picnic break on the way there and I was delighted to find the best crisps ever in our stash.

I think this would make a very nice postcard.








 





The Silloth Kite Festival was a great day out - if you went on Sunday.  For those of us who went on Saturday, it was a rainy, wet event.  I visited Silloth every year as a child as my grandparents owned a caravan on Stanwix Park.

The Irish Sea


Luckily, the funfair rides were open, which was great news for a girl whose favorite place in the world is Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

We stumbled upon a church sale where I was tempted by a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle.

kites!






No comments: